About the Journal
Open Acces Policy
This journal is an open-access journal that provides free access to the full text of all published articles without charging readers or their institutions for access. Readers have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of all articles in Jurnal INFOTEL. This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Jurnal INFOTEL is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Focus and Scope
Jurnal INFOTEL is a scientific journal published by Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengabdian Masyarakat (LPPM) of Institut Teknologi Telkom Purwokerto, Indonesia. Jurnal INFOTEL investigates the new developments in computer science and mobile media that relate to informatics, telecommunications, and electronics research. Contributions may consist of, but are not restricted to:
- Informatics: Software Engineering, Information Technology, Information System, Data Mining, Multimedia, Mobile Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphic, Computer Vision, Augmented/Virtual Reality, Games Programming, Privacy and Data Security
- Telecommunications: Modulation and Signal Processing, Information Theory and Coding, Antenna and Wave Propagation, Wireless and Mobile Communication, Radio Communication, Satellite Communication, Fiber Optic, Network, and System.
- Electronics: Microelectronic System, VLSI Design, Biomedical Instrument, Embedded System, Robotic, Communication Electronic, Optoelectronic, Internet of Thing, Analogue and Digital Control, Intelligent control, Adaptive System, System Identification.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration
Peer Review Process
Every article that goes to the editor will be selected in advance on the scope and feasibility by the editorial board. Then, the articles will be sent to peer reviewer and will go to the next selection by Blind Preview Process. Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers. Every submitted paper will be reviewed by at least two peer-reviewers. After that, the articles will be returned to the authors to revise. The reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
1. Manuscript submission by author.
2. Editor do an initial review of the manuscript. Editors have a right to directly accept, reject, or review. Prior to further processing steps, a plagiarism check using Turnitin is applied for each manuscript.
3. Manuscript reviewing process is done by at least two reviewers.
4. Editor gives notification of manuscript acceptance, minor/major revision, or rejection to the author(s), based on reviewers' comments.
5. Paper Revision (by author).
6. The author(s) revise the submission based on the reviewer's suggestion.
7. If the reviewer and editor seem to be satisfied with the revision, notification for acceptance (by the editor).
8. Galley proof and publishing process
History of The Journal
The Jurnal INFOTEL was first published twice a year the printed version in 2009. Then, in 2012, Jurnal INFOTEL started using the OJS platform for its online journal and it's get e-ISSN in 2015, exactly at Vol. 7, No. 1. In November 2016, the publishing process in Jurnal INFOTEL has been using full electronics. Starting in 2017, it's published quarterly in February, May, August, and November. In 2018, Jurnal INFOTEL uses English as the primary language.
Starting from Volume 10, No. 1, 2018, Jurnal Infotel charges a published paper as is shown by the below scheme.
- Cost paid by Author with Indonesia citizenship is Rp 1.500.000 (IDR).
- Cost paid by non-Indonesia citizenship is $0 (USD) / FREE.
This cost covers:
- The standard 10 pages manuscript. An Extra Rp 50.000 (IDR) will be charged for every additional page.
- Similarity Checking by Plagiarism Detector. Final result will be sent to authors.
- DOI registration for each paper.
This cost also includes submitting, peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full-text versions of the articles.
Every article submitted to Jurnal Infotel shall use reference management software e.g. EndNote or Mendeley.